Monday, January 01, 2007

What Am I Doing Wrong With Trackback?

Can anyone help me with Trackback. In the previous post, I was repling to Bud Hunt and the others who posted comments on his Bud the Teacher blog. At the end of his post, there is this Trackback URL: http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/7326870

I assumed that I should use that instead of the permalink for that entry when I linked back to his blog. However, when I tried to follow that link, I received the following error message:
1Trackback pings and Comments must use HTTP POST
I did a bit of searching online, but everything I read made me think I was doing it correctly. That makes it sound like a problem with Bud's blog, and maybe in this case it is, but I don't think so because I've NEVER gotten a Trackback URL to work.

Next I researched HTTP POST and found what it does but not how to use it-- it must be too complex for the WebMonkey Cheat Sheet to list.

Anyone have any suggestions?